specializes in developing systems: process control and automation, decision support, business intelligence and supply-chain management systems for manufacturers. We solve client challenges in the areas of process monitoring and display, operator guidance, data acquisition and process optimization.
- Raw Material Data Aggregation Service™
- Blending Optimization Software Suite™ (BOSS™)
- Process Automation and Control Systems
- Scrap Yard Management Systems
- AIST Process Benchmarker™ (APB)
- IT Infrastructure Offering & Legacy Systems Remediation
We apply MSA's innovative use of data management, analytics and technology and MSA's years of experience in business solutions to the metals and general manufacturing industries. Formerly known as MSA PASS, this MSA's Metals and Advanced Manufacturing Division has a long history of innovative software development for the charging, melting, refining and casting operations in the steel industry.
Current solutions include:
RMDAS is a transaction-based, ferrous scrap price tracking service that integrates scrap purchase information from a significant number of steel companies to provide its participants with a powerful, accurate benchmarking, reporting and internal control tool for this important raw material cost.
MSA's BOSS determines the least-cost combination of raw materials needed to produce a given heat, lineup, or production schedule, taking into account all of the various operating and quality constraints. The BOSS is available as an installed turnkey system, or as an Application Service Provider (ASP) instance accessed over the Internet. The suite includes:
- Single Heat Charge
- Multi-Heat Campaign Optimization
- Purchasing Planning
- Alloy Additions Calculations
- Under Crane Loading Optimization
- Marshalling Yard Planning
MSA has provided numerous Scrap Yard Management Systems to clients. The Scrap Yard System benefits clients by optimizing the utilization of scrap in the facility, the tracking of scrap usage per heat and the monitoring and control of critical scrap loading activities. The system gives the user a current view of the loading operations along with a history of the scrap loading activities to date.
The APB is a web-based analytical platform and service for benchmarking operational performance metrics for the technology committees of the Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST). The goal of the service is to increase technical networking between participating AIST member companies and to provide a valuable source of relevant performance benchmark information.
MSA offers Legacy System remediation, disaster recovery, network design and integration, hosting, collocation, on-site maintenance, and complete data center solutions.
• Raw Material Data Aggregation Service™ • Blending Optimization Software Suite™ (BOSS™) • Process Automation and Control Systems • Scrap Yard Management Systems • AIST Process Benchmarker™ (APB) • IT Infrastructure Offering & Legacy Systems Remediation
6565 Penn Avenue • Pittsburgh, PA 15026-4490 • tel 412.362.2000 • fax 412.661.6442